Friday, October 2, 2009

My First ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar rinse)







So, I did my first ACV this week after I washed and co-washed my hair and I didn't notice very much difference. ACV is supposed to be a natural clarifier, good for your scalp, add shine and for some- define curl and perhaps loosen your curl pattern a bit. For me, I did notice some shine and my hair and scalp felt clean however it did not do for me what the baking soda treatment does which is REDUCE frizz which is what I love the most about the baking soda treatment. I may do it again, and change up my pre- acv method to see if that makes a difference...so we'll see. I have posted some pics- what do you think? Oh- this is a twist out I did the day after the ACV...my first decent twist out...I think I am liking my regular curl pattern better...some of the twist outs I see on other sisters are PURE HOTNESS but mine...lukewarm I'd say.





Also, I have been so bad about this blog but my great idea was to feature natural heads in the Phoenix Metro area but they are a bit harder to find than I thought! I carry the little cards I made to hand out when I came upon hair hotness but my discoveries were minimal that I changed purses and forgot about them until I went to a cultural event and nappy crowns were all around...I did have my camera and took a few photos and will be posting my fabulous hair finds next week... so my postings will be more regular now that I have a new strategery (George W. word I love utilizing at every opportunity!) which is attend CULTURAL EVENTS IN PHOENIX and there are a few coming up so I am SUPER excited...until then: Peace and Hair RELEASE!

2 comments:

  1. I contemplated buying the ACV. I don't think I have a lot of buildup though. I'm so glad you are back! I love hair blogs.I can't wait to see some of the photos of other natural ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card that you pass out! It is very intriguing and unique. Keep it up...it will pay off and you will reach your intended desires.

    ReplyDelete