Friday, July 10, 2009

Baking Soda Treatment...Frizz-Smashing Success!



So Tuesday I did a baking soda treatment on my hair...you can see the before and after this is what I did:
I added ½ cup of baking soda to my conditioner, wore a plastic bag for an hour and rinsed…this was the results as promised- LESS FRIZZ, MORE SHINE, DEFINED CURLS…LOVE IT!!! It is soooo soft…I also pre-washed and conditioned before the treatment and used a shower comb to detangle while wet…some natural hair loves this some doesn’t but it worked for me!

To style I used Cantu on my wet hair- and that made ALL the difference- previously I was using it on my hair while dry and then when I and wondered why the product got such rave reviews but I have seent the light! You have to use an ample amounth and utilize a “technique”; the“shingling technique” I think originated with using Ms. Jessie’s products but people use it with other stuff, particularly the Cantu…you wash and condition your hair as normal (using the comb of course to detangle) then grab a medium-sized handful of hair and use a nice dollop of the Cantu and work it in by starting at the root and pulling down and raking your fingers through your curls to work the product in…you do that motion over and over and the curls clump and spiral NICELY…you repeat this section and pulling down on all your hair section by section and BAM…curls!
NOTEL: It’s important not to manipulate or touch your hair while it is wet, let it dry and then you can fluff and you will MAINTAIN the curls…they stay…my hair is looking BETTER AND BETTER…and this is DAY THREE!

I highly recommend the baking soda treatment…will definitely make this part of the regimen!

4 comments:

  1. I will definetly have to try this! When my hair grows out of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried baking soda for the first time this past week as well. I didn't leave it on like you did, i used it to wash my hair. I liked it and think I have found a new way to wash. My hair liked it alot.

    Your curls look great!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This answered my other question. I have thought about shingling, but it seems it would take freaking forever. How long did it take you to comb through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just progressing past the twa stage and Ive used the soda during a cowash but i've never let it sit. Will be trying this asap!!

    ReplyDelete